Friday, January 28, 2011

Like a Yo-Yo

I have realized that my personality + WoW = bad combination.

I have played WoW off and on for maybe 5 years now. I started about 3 months after release and have played both horde and alliance since then. I have never really grown bored with the game. I love the game. I love leveling multiple toons. My problem is I tend to go all out with my current hobby. With a "never-ending" game such as WoW, that caused issues. I wanted to spend more and more of my time playing and less and less time with my family. I love me some WoW, but not more than my family.

So...

What to do now?

My son and I have a rather substantial collection of 40k (perhaps you heard about the addictive personality...) My have been toying around with the idea of playing Warmachine or Hordes as well. We have played a few "proxy" games, but have yet to buy any models. I think that will be changing soon.

We are not going to quit 40k, but small games of 40k just do not feel the same. Army composition is just horrible for a small game. My definition of small here is maybe 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Something that can be played during one evening without taking the whole evening. Our games of 40k are limited for this very reason. Our proxy games of Warmachine and Hordes at the 35 point level can fit in here nicely. We have a 4 x 8 table in our garage/playroom and lots of terrain. We could split that in half and get in multiple games during one evening.

I have been considering getting back into the modeling portion of this hobby for a while and maybe even posting some v-logs or something.

Only time will tell.

I have stated this in the the past and do not mind repeating it. This blog is as much for me so I can look back at my progress and time spent as it is for the people who stop by... Both of you....
blog comments powered by Disqus