Friday, January 7, 2011

My 2nd Favorite Zone

I would have to say that for me, Nagrand is the best zone of all time. The reason I feel this is a collection of factors that all add up to a really good zone. I have hit Nagrand on all my toons that have made it to Outlands (7 so far) and will continue to do so. It is the most refreshing area of Outland. When you get to Outlands you are faced with destruction, then more destruction, then more destruction, with a side of funky mushroom forests. I liked the quests in the area. I liked the mobs in the area. I find myself wishing there was more Nagrand… somewhere…. Someday…

With that out of the way I can now continue on to today’s topic. My second favorite zone thus far in WoW… Uldum. I know there is a lot of debate on Uldum. Some complain about too many cut scenes. Some complain about not liking Harrison Jones. Some complain about not liking the Nazi flavor. Some just complain and do not know why.

I hear all these complaints and cry RUBBISH!

I am not saying they are not entitled to their own opinion, I am just saying that I like it for those very reasons that they do not. This is ok. It is more than ok. Blizzard will never be able to please everyone, not should they try. I found Uldum refreshing. It was new. It was exciting. It was fun.

I have always liked Tanaris. I have always liked Silithus. I like how Uldum feels like a natural flow from those areas. I love Egyptian mythology. I love silly references that some people get and others do not. I do not see it as lacking in imagination, I see it as a quirky sense of humor that appeals to my geeky nature.

The crocodiles… The hyenas… The Nazis… The Tol’vir… The little sand pygmy people… Even the camels!

All in all, it will never replace Nagrand in my heart, but it is the “Nagrand” of Cataclysm.
blog comments powered by Disqus