Monday, February 7, 2011

Hive Fleet Hermit



Today's Gallery post is Hive Fleet Hermit. This is one of the oldest armies that I still own. I may not be the best painter in the world, but I have improved over the years. I am not quite satisfied with these guys, but... meh... oh well.. They are there and yet another army that I can have small games with.

Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com

As with the Ultra-Hermits I have several low level lists of Nids. I have enough models to where I can play a variety of types of armies. I own the new codex, but have yet to buy a single new miniature. All that stuff is "ancient"...

I was trying to achieve a realistic bug look to them. I painted them dark with "toxic" scorpion green dots all over the army. Individually they may not look that nice, but in one big mass I think I accomplished what I was aiming for. I think I am done for good with them though. If I ever go back to the nids I will try a different color scheme..

Too many projects... Not nearly enough time.

This post wraps up my completed armies. I have over 3k of painted orks not including my Stompa, but I am trying to hold myself to only posting my fully painted forces. Kind of forcing myself to complete the job to show off my work... For what it is worth...

My son is trying to finish up his chaos and he wants me to post them too. If you are reading this... and you lurk... I implore you to shower him with compliments when I post his chaos... It will do him good...
blog comments powered by Disqus