Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Storage on the Cheap



I recently came across a new blogger, Lyashk, who was writing about a customized case he had finished and was working on a tutorial for how he did it. I called him out demanding images, and he has quickly responded... Cool Case.

I realize I am not an uber blogger. I do not have a high readership. I do know that I get a decent amount of traffic. If you come across this blog and have found some storage on the cheap please let me know. I am not saying I do not like the GW cases or the Battle Foam Cases. On the contrary, those cases rock...

My issue is I would rather invest my cash in models and not a fortune in cases.

Here is my set up in case you are wondering...

Hosted by imgur.com
The game room with $34 shelving from Lowes/Home Depot (Local DIY store)

Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
A Plano style tackle box that I picked up from Bass Pro Shops. Walmart, Target, and many other stores would sell the same.

Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Various armies and how they fit in the plano style boxes. I would not recommend for "delicate" models but it works great with plastic guys. As you can see I have several different sizes all fitting in there.

I want to emphasize that I do not think my way is the best. It is a work in progress and I have a real hard time carrying vehicles and such with this system. If you have ideas/links please share.
blog comments powered by Disqus