Monday, August 25, 2008

Hackers are the devil

My account got hacked.

If it was just my toons that were affected then I would be cool with it. However, others were affected. All 5 tabs of the Guild Vault were looted. All because some stupid guy wanted to have some fun. My lock was deleted and rebuilt as a level 1. Why would they do this? Why rebuild him? Just to rub salt in the wound?

I have two accounts, so I can still play. However, now I just feel dirty. I really don't want to face my guildmates. I know it was not my fault, but that does not alleviate the fact that it was my toon that did the damage. A lot of damage.

Blizzard has sent me emails already saying that they were investigating and I feel confident that the toon will be restored, but all my gold.. gone. Will they be able to restore all that got looted? I can not see how. That was a lot of stuff. My alt bank was cleaned out. The guild vault was cleaned out. They even hit my ally. They did not delete my paladin for some reason, but they did take his stuff.

I have not loaned out my info. I have not downloaded anything? How? The only thing I can think of is maybe I get hit in the net cafe I was using in Cuba. I am home now. Maybe it was a Cuban going away party.

This is the kind of crap that just makes me want to stop playing. Even if my toon is restored, I just feel dirty.
blog comments powered by Disqus