Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sportmanship

Something has been bugging me for a while now. Little comments here and there that just build up. You see it in the BGs. You see it in PUGs. You see it in General and other chat. Last night I saw it in Guild chat.

/sigh

"We are already losing, lets just quit."

"I will play again after the expansion."

"I am not wasting my time with this content anymore."

"At this point if you have not made progress, why bother?"

There are many other ways it has been said. We all know the sentiment behind it. Spoiled individuals that do not get what they want so they infect others with their negative ideas.

In the middle of guild chat last night, right before our OSN raid took over, a guildie that I do not know well spouted off some of this garbage. Rubbish. Nonsense. If that is how you truly feel then just do not participate. Do not play until the expansion. Find a guild that meets your needs. By all means, do what you have to do.

Why do these people become social parasites and try to bring others down? Why do they have to sulk because others have found joy where they have not? When we have 4 or 5 70s smashing through UBRS just for the fun of it, getting others ready to raid BWL / MC / Ony... and you do not want to, why does that bother you? Let us have our fun. Let us enjoy the game any way that we can. If we find value in old "stale" content, then so be it.

If I choose to hang out in Ghostlands at level 70 leveling unarmed and getting exalted with Tranquilen, it does not mean I have too much time on my hands. It just means that my allotted time to play the game for that evening will be put forward to that goal. If I have fun doing it then fine. I help lots of lowbies out while I am there with the two main elite quests and have a laugh or two.

Just a small rant. Perhaps you too have "enjoyed" these people. We will continue to enjoy these people, sadly, as sometimes they act normal and lure you into a whiner ambush....
blog comments powered by Disqus