Saturday, November 3, 2007

My boy does me proud...

Yesterday I missed out on my daily rotation of blogs as I did not make it to work. I really need to put more of the blogs I read as links here just to further advertise and share the wealth. Where was I, you might ask.... I was on a field trip to the Asheboro, NC Zoo with my son. We had a great time, and saw lots of the same animals we always see. However, it is rare that just the two of us get to do something like this as normally his two sisters are with us.

I was proud of my boy for a couple of reasons. I am always proud of him, but in this sense I am referring to his future in the lifestyle of the geek. You see at this zoo they have these animal tracks in the sidewalk leading up to the zoo. They all converge in front of the entrance and then lead into a bronze statue collection. At this point my boy (J from here on out) and me (W from here on out) have this conversation...

J : Dad, look at this...
W : What?
J : On the ground, all these tracks... what do you think made them?
W : (Internal debate.... craft up a cool story or tell the truth.... cool story incoming) Let's see, J
J : (Cutting Dad off) I know what did it.... Do you think it was a cowwarrior (What he calls Tuaren) Druid? Yea... that is what it was... Look he came in like this

Break in story for visual... We are standing near several sets of prints... We have bear tracks, cow tracks, leaves, and wolf tracks) Now back to the story.....

J : See first he was a bear. He ran in like this (At this point he goes on all fours putting his hands in the prints) and runs here. Something is attacking him and he is losing all his life points. So he turns back into a cowwarrior (Now he is standing on the cow prints) and casts some heals (The Druid heal icon looks likes leaves) and then turns into a wolf and runs off...
W : J, Druids turn into cats not wolves. Shamans are the wolves.
J : No Dad, not this one. This one likes dogs better than cats so he learned a different one....


We both shared a good laugh at this point. And I thought I should share with you. Enjoy :)
blog comments powered by Disqus