Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Ramblings

I managed to get the Druid to 66, then what do I see.... the end of my rested xp... NO! It can not be. You see I have this whole policy about leveling an alt with no rest. It seems that I now have to take a few days off and let rest extend....

/sigh

The bright side is that I am way ahead of schedule.

I went in Kara for the first time in a long time. Got both my tier 4 tokens for my lock and had loads of fun. We had 2 druid healers, a paladin tank, a Panzerkin tank, 2 fury warrios, a mage, a rogue, and 2 locks. We tore the place down. It was a blast. Most if not all were "overgeared" for Kara, but still... and odd mix there.

I am sure by now you have seen info on the new "rumored" WotLK talents. I like a lot of what I see, but what interests me most, as always, is the information on locks. I will never leave Master Demo.... There I said it. I would not leave my felguard.... He will not let me leave... Simple.

Now that the situation is stated allow me to express my thoughts on the new stuff...

Affliction (21 points)
Improved Curse of Agony - Rank 2/2
Increases the damage done by your Curse of Agony by 10%.

Suppression - Rank 3/3
Increases your chance to hit with Affliction spells by 3%, and reduces the mana cost of your Affliction spells by 6%.

Improved Corruption - Rank 5/5
Reduces the casting time of your Corruption spell by 2 sec.

Improved Drain Soul - Rank 2/2
Returns 15% of your maximum mana if the target is killed by you while you drain its soul. In addition, your Affliction spells generate 10% less threat.

Improved Life Tap - Rank 2/2
Increases the amount of Mana awarded by your Life Tap spell by 20%.

Soul Siphon - Rank 2/2
Increases the amount drained by your Drain Life and Drain Soul spells by an additional 4% for each Affliction effect on the target, up to a maximum of 60% additional effect.

Grim Reach - Rank 2/2
Increases the range of your Affliction spells by 20%.

Nightfall - Rank 2/2
Gives your Corruption and Drain Life spells a 4% chance to cause you to enter a Shadow Trance state after damaging the opponent. The Shadow Trance state reduces the casting time of your next Shadow Bolt spell by 100%.

Siphon Life - Rank 1/1
Transfers 15 health from the target to the caster every 3 sec sec. Lasts 30 sec.


Demonology (50 points)
Improved Healthstone - Rank 2/2
Increases the amount of Health restored by your Healthstone by 20%.

Improved Imp - Rank 1/3
Increases the effect of your Imp's Firebolt, Fire Shield, and Blood Pact spells by 10%.

Demonic Embrace - Rank 5/5
Increases your total Stamina by 15% of your Spirit.

Improved Health Funnel - Rank 2/2
Increases the amount of Health transferred by your Health Funnel spell by 20% and reduces the initial health cost by 20%.

Fel Vitality - Rank 3/3
Increases the Stamina and Intellect of your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Felguard by 15% and increases your maximum health and mana by 3%.

Soul Link - Rank 1/1
When active, 15% of all damage taken by the caster is taken by your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter, Felguard, or enslaved demon instead. That damage cannot be prevented. Lasts as long as the demon is active and controlled.

Fel Domination - Rank 1/1
Your next Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter or Felguard Summon spell has its casting time reduced by 5.5 sec and its Mana cost reduced by 50%.

Demonic Aegis - Rank 3/3
Increases the effectiveness of your Demon Armor and Fel Armor spells by 30%.

Unholy Power - Rank 5/5
Increases the damage done by your Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Felguard's melee attacks and your Imp's Firebolt by 20%.

Master Summoner - Rank 2/2
Reduces the casting time of your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Fel Guard Summoning spells by 4 sec and the Mana cost by 40%.

Master Demonologist - Rank 5/5
Grants both the Warlock and the summoned demon an effect as long as that demon is active. Imp - Increases your fire damage by 5%, and increases the critical effect chance of your fire spells by 5%. Voidwalker - Reduces physical damage taken by 10%.
Succubus - Increases your shadow damage by 5%, and increases the critical effect chance of your shadow spells by 5%. Felhunter - Increases all resistances by 1 per level. Felguard - Increases all damage done by 5%, and reduces all damage taken by 5%.

Demonic Resilience - Rank 3/3
Reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee and spells by 3% and reduces all damage your summoned demon takes by 15%.

Demonic Empowerment [NYI] - Rank 1/1
Grants the Warlock's summoned demon Empowerment.
Succubus - Instantly vanishes, turning the Succubus invisible and restoring it's health to 100%. The vanish effect removes all stuns, snares and movement impairing effects from the Succubus. Voidwalker - Increases the Voidwalker's health by 20%, and it's threat generated from spells and attacks by 20%. Imp - Increases the Imp's damage by 20% and chance to critically hit with spells by 20%. Fel Guard - Increases the Fel Guard's attack speed by 20% and breaks all stun, snare and movement impairing effects and makes your Fel Guard immune to them. Felhunter - Resets all the Felhunter's cooldowns.

Demonic Knowledge - Rank 3/3
Increases your spell damage by an amount equal to 12% of the total of your active demon's Stamina plus Intellect.

Demonic Tactics - Rank 5/5
Increases melee and spell critical strike chance for you and your summoned demon by 5%.

Fel Synergy - Rank 2/2
Your Summoned Demons share an additional 10% of your Armor, Intellect and Stamina, and you have a 100% chance to heal your pet for 15% of the amount of damage done by you.

Summon Felguard - Rank 1/1
Summons a Felguard under the command of the Warlock.

Demonic Pact - Rank 5/5
Your pet's criticals apply the Demonic Pact effect to the target. Demonic Pact increases the spell power of all attackers against that target by 10% of your Spell Damage for 12 sec.

There is my build at the moment. It may not suit you. It may not suit me... but right now it gets me all I want out of Master Demo and lets me put out the dots. I do not like the Demon Form. It may rock. I am sure it will.... I just do not like it. I play Master Demo for my felguard. It is how I want to play. It is how I envision my toon. By taking Demon Form, that kind of takes away why I like the class. My personal choice.

Enough for one post....

Hermit out
blog comments powered by Disqus