Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"Altivitus"

I have a confession to make.... I have "altivitus." You may ask yourself, "Self, what is altivitus?"

Allow me to explain:
I am addicted to the creation of new toons. I am addicted to those first 10 or 20 levels. Why? I am not sure, but I love that lowbie content. Perhaps it is instant gratification of an easily obtainable new level. Perhaps it is the way that every couple of levels you get this new, amazing mechanic to add to your class. Perhaps it is just because...

I have pve toons, pvp toons. Then there are my alliance toons and horde toons. When a new server group is released by Blizzard, new toons have been created just to enjoy the new server level race. I have probably deleted more toons than the average WoW player has ever created. I am not sure that there is a combination of race / class that I have not enjoyed up to at least level 20. However, rarely do any of these toons make it much farther than level 20.

I am really excited about patch 2.3 for a few reasons. The main reason, of course, is that the amount of xp needed to level from 20 - 60 has been reduced while at the same time the quest xp for those 20 - 60 levels has been increased. So now, when I am "alt hiding" or just doing my Saturday morning "rest burn" I may be able to enjoy my "altivitus" all the more...
blog comments powered by Disqus