Thursday, October 4, 2007

Remembering When...

A looooong time ago (around 2 years)... on a server far far away (Skywall)... There was a level 1 Paladin.

Ah, that very first toon. It has been so long ago it is almost hard to remember the mistakes that I made. I tend to forget how long it took me to find things... how long it took me to level.. how long it took me to decide on which profession to begin (not that it mattered)... how long it took me to find the AH (yes this was before the AH patch, when you had to go to IF or Org.) It is almost hard for me to believe that there are any truly new players out there, that is until I log in and read some of the questions that flood general and trade chat.

Did you know that it is possible to skip the tram and run a level 25 paladin all the way from Stormwind to Ironforge? Did you? Well, it can be done.... however I would not recommend it. How do I know it can be done? Well, you have to remember that he was my first toon, I did not know any better, and I wanted to get to the AH that I heard was in IF. There was a lot of death involved... often times very shortly after my res... so it was more of a res hop and less of a "run." I thought it must be possible, because I see Night Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes in my area all the time. I thought to myself, "Self, how are they getting here... there must be safe path through those tough zones." I, of course, was wrong.. there was a Tram...

I understand why people shout for directions. I really do, but it still bugs me to see the same questions spammed over and over again. There needs to be a chat faq or something that auto directs redundant questions from chat to the faq... That would be great.

Last night was the start of brewfest. I was on when it started, and wow.... the n00bs were out in force. Within a matter of minutes people were shouting for directions.... Come on people, please, just do a little looking around. Please, just try to use that God given brain of yours and find it first. If you fail, that is fine... I am willing to help. However, I want, nay I demand, that you at least look first.
blog comments powered by Disqus